The International Federation of Associations of Pharmaceutical Physicians and Pharmaceutical Medicine
National Member Associations
IFAPP consists of the leading professional associations in pharmaceutical medicine and drug development.
Worldwide Development and Professional Certification
Excellent Global Communication Since 1975
IFAPP collaborates and coordinates with key players in the fields of pharmaceutical medicine and medicines development
Council of Past Presidents
IFAPP’s Past Presidents are an important asset, as they have significant experience in the governance of the federation and they carry in their memories a lot of traditions which should not be forgotten.
This was the spirit which suggested, in 2018, the formation of the Council of Past Presidents, which was established by the IFAPP Board of Officers. The first task given to the Council was the identification of two professionals in Pharmaceutical Medicine who, in their working life, gave a significant contribution to the dissemination of the culture of Pharmaceutical Medicine both at national and international level. The title awarded to these colleagues is “Hero in Pharmaceutical Medicine”. The first two awards were offered at ICPM 2018 in Tokyo, and, for the future, two more awards will be offered during the ceremonies of next ICPMs.
Additional tasks given to the Council are the suggestion of topics for the ICPM program, the identification of key candidates for the Board of Officers, and any other matter where experience can play an important role.
At present, the Council of Past Presidents is formed by the following IFAPP Past Presidents:
- Luciano M Fuccella (member): President 1990-1994
- Peter D Stonier (member): President 1998-2000
- Johanna Schenk (member): President 2000-2002
- Domenico Criscuolo (coordinator): President 2002-2004
- Luis Collia (member): President 2006-2008
- Rudolf van Olden (member): President 2010-2012
- Yil-Seob Lee (member): President 2012-2014
- Gustavo Kesselring (member): President 2014-2016
- Honorio Silva (member): President 2016-2018
- Kyoko Imamura (member): President 2018-2020
HERO IN PHARMACEUTICAL MEDICINE
In 2017 the IFAPP Board decided to establish the title of “Hero in Pharmaceutical Medicine”.
Criteria for nomination:
- A person who devoted a significant time of her/his professional life (at least 20 years) enabling the recognition of Pharmaceutical Medicine as a distinct professional specialty at an international and/or national level;
- A person who supported IFAPP and the concept of Pharmaceutical Medicine within her/his own National Association in the last 20 years;
- A person who has the title of IFAPP Past-President (not mandatory).
The Council of Past-Presidents was given the task to identify candidates for this award in addition to nominations by National Member Associations (NMAs), who are then endorsed by the IFAPP Board. Usually, these awards are given during the closing ceremony of an ICPM (International Conference of Pharmaceutical Medicine), but in some occasions the award can be given at a different event.
Awardees and events awards were given to date:
- Luciano M. Fuccella (Italy) – ICPM 2018 in Tokyo
- Joao Massud (Brazil) – ICPM 2018 in Tokyo
- Gerfried Nell (Austria) – 2019 in Vienna
- Dominique Dubois (Belgium) – IFAPP European Meeting 2019 in Athens
- Johanna Schenk (Germany) - House of Delegates Meeting 2020
- Peter Stonier (UK) - House of Delegates Meeting 2020
- Domenico Criscuolo (Italy) - House of Delegates Meeting 2021
- Richard Rondel (UK) - House of Delegates Meeting 2021